default Material Shader problem

Mar 27, 2010 at 11:40 PM

Hi, i just started playing with xen and i wanted to try the animation features so I made a 3d model in 3ds max, exported it with Panda-x with a simple animation, but when I tried to play it I get this error when I try to draw it!

Error: The current vertex shader is attempting to read data that is not present in the vertices being drawn.
The shader currently in use (MaterialShader) has a vertex shader that reads 'BlendWeight0' from each vertex.
However, the XNA vertex data being drawn does not contain a 'BlendWeight0' value in it's vertex declaration.

So the error is very clear, but I have no clue how to solve it, my first attempt would be to create a custom shader and overwrite it, but for now I would want to avoid that part, so If anyone knows how to solve it I would really appreciate it!.

Thanks in advance!

Coordinator
Mar 29, 2010 at 3:13 PM

This error is indicating that the mesh being used has no blend weights. Animation in xen only supports weight based blending. Unfortunately I'm not a content guy, so I don't know how you would solve this in Max.

Also, to make you aware, due to changes in XNA 4, it will not be possible to upgrade Xen to XNA 4. :-(