Trouble to export animation from 3dsMax

Oct 4, 2010 at 12:04 PM

Hello again,

I used Panda XPorter to export my rigged and animated model from 3dsMax 64bit. But when I compile the game project, the model can't be compiled.  

"Could not read the X file. The file is corrupt or invalid. Error code: D3DERR_INVALIDCALL."

But when I don't export the animation, the model can be loaded and displayed in the game.

Does anybody experience the same thing? How do you export animation for Xen project?

Oct 6, 2010 at 12:33 PM

Havent tried Panda XPorter, but I use the kw x-port plugin (http://www.kwxport.org/kwxport-1.4.1) to export export models with animations for use with Xen.

It took a little while to figure it all out, but I got it working quite seamlessly.

Start by exporting something really simple.  Ex. a sphere with a cube that animates from one side to the other no textures or anything. with a single key frame animation and work from there.

It's not perfect, but I've found a way to do pretty much everything I wanted.

Oct 6, 2010 at 3:36 PM

Hi Valoo,

Thanks for the response. I've also tried kwxport.

I have succeeded to import very simple animation with kwxport. I've downloaded some rigged model from internet, and I can't load them in XNA.

now the problem is the Xen - Model Importer throw this error : "The input matrix is skewed, sheered, or non-uniformly scaled". How do you fix that?

Oct 8, 2010 at 6:07 AM

Any particular reason you want to use an X file to move your data from Max to the Xen processor?

I've always used Max's built-in fbx exporter and have never had any issues.