Two line request

Nov 17, 2010 at 6:27 AM

That is: the request affects two lines.  In Application.cs, the Initialize() override from XNA's Game class (line 415 in Xen 2.0 Beta2), base.Initialize() is called and then logic.Initialise().  Any chance they could be reversed?  Also, in the Draw() override calls base.Draw(gameTime); and then logic.Draw(false);  Those too?

This evening I updated a codeplex XNA GUI component to VS2010 and .NET 4.0.  The GUI project defines a GUIManager as a DrawableGameComponent.  To test it, I created the GUIManager in my Xen project's Initialise() method, but the ordering of the two lines in Application means that the GameComponents never get their Initialize() override methods called.  Reversing the two lines in Application.Initialize() lets me set up the GameComponents and then get them Initialized properly.  Reversing the Draw calls means my Xen application can clear the screen and then the DrawableGameComponents can draw their stuff over top, as opposed to the current situation which Draws the GameComponents first, then my Den app clears the screen and draws its stuff.

I've only tested with the situation I've described, but I'm not seeing any issues so far.  What say? 

Nov 17, 2010 at 6:54 AM

Mmmm, three lines.  I also need base.Update(gameTime); at the end of the Update() override. in Application.cs