This project is read-only.

[Request] Clean Scene - Multiple Lights and Shadows + Material (Bump/Specular...)

May 31, 2011 at 6:12 AM

Im newbie on 3D. Im tring to Create a Single Scene, base on Tutorial  25 and 29.

Im Already done multiple lights, and multiple Shadows, for an exercise, im done well.

But, in update Mode, all exemples, dont update the Lights/Shadows Positions and the archtecture of code, dont let me does that.

But, a I realy want a Clean Scene, with multiple Lights and Shadows, Using 3 Kind of lights. (Point, Directional and Ambient).

Someone Can do it? This Code can be used with template for all implementations of XEN futurely by other people.

Jun 3, 2011 at 6:15 AM

Actually I don't know if I'd go as far as saying that "the architecture of the code doesn't let you update the lights".

It looks like you can simply get a hold of the directional, point etc. light upon creation as the functions like CreateDirectionalLight simply returns the light reference once it has been added to the MaterialLightCollection instance. Once you have the reference you can simply change the direction position etc. whenever you want (i.e. in an update function for example).

I hope that helps.