This project is read-only.

Problems with Text Elements & loading during runtime?

Jul 10, 2012 at 12:08 PM

I'm having some trouble when drawing text elements, I get them to work most of the time, but sometimes, seemingly at random, they will be corrupted and only draw what looks like corrupted UVs on their spritesheet.

Here is what it looks like: http://imgur.com/esQAV

I'm wondering if anyone has had similar trouble and knows what the cause of this might be?

One theory is that it has to do with my content loading. From what I've gathered all my content loading in xen needs to be done at once. I may be able to work with this, but preferably I'd like to load a few new items while playing the game. As a hack, I simply made a method where I fetch the loadstate from the application.

Can this be what is causing my errors, and is there a better way to load at runtime?

Jul 10, 2012 at 4:56 PM

I've noticed that the text error occurs for all SpriteElement drawn objects.. and that it is connected to culling. For some reason I can't understand, whenever models are drawn, the text and sprites will draw correctly, but when all models are culled, all sprite elements get drawn like this. Any ideas?