Xen short term roadmap (the next few weeks)

Coordinator
Oct 14, 2008 at 2:55 AM
Edited Oct 14, 2008 at 3:02 AM
Currently I am in the middle of moving house, which is happening earlier than I expected. This has thrown my schedule for xen updates out of sync already (and it's only been a week!)
I was originally planning to upload a minor update to xen during the weekend (the 12th of october). This however has been delayed for at least another week or more (until my move is complete and I can get internet hooked up).

At the moment the update looks like this:

[Added] DrawState draw flags
[Added] StaticBinaryTreePartition (and supporting classes)
[Added] Tutorial 16 (Instancing)
[Added] Projection cull pausing
[Added] Hardware instancing support in MaterialShader (Windows only)
[Fixed] Crash bug when cloning a DrawTarget with modifiers
[Fixed] DrawState.PushWorldTranslateMultiply will work correctly (it's currently broken)
[Improved] Some tweaks and fixes to the shader tool, MaterialShader will be more space efficient*
[BREAKING] Change to IDrawBatch to correctly include the instance count

The last remaining addition is support for vfetch in xbox shaders. XNA makes this much harder than it needs to be when not using Effects, so this may not make the cut - it also requires a number of other features; such as the ability to process an index buffer as a vertex stream. The benefit will be instancing support on the xbox (which is really important). If added, the MaterialShader will be updated with this support. It's a 50/50 if this will be in the update, and there is still a small chance it simply won't be possible.

In any event, I appreciate any and all feedback you may have.
Thank you. :-)

------------------
Graham Aldridge,
aka StatusUnknown
Coordinator
Oct 25, 2008 at 12:30 PM
Edited Oct 25, 2008 at 12:31 PM

Xen 1.1 has now been released!

http://www.codeplex.com/xen/Release/ProjectReleases.aspx?ReleaseId=18768

------------------
Graham Aldridge,
aka StatusUnknown