XML problem with Xen.Ex.ModelImporter

Sep 22, 2009 at 2:27 PM

Hi everyone.

I have a problem using xml files, when I add a reference to Xen.Ex.ModelImporter I can't no more use xml curve files(the one that exports the xna curve editor), because when I build I get a deserializing error.

Can I do something about it?

Thank in advance!

Coordinator
Sep 22, 2009 at 7:49 PM

Adding a reference to model importer shouldn't have an effect at all on any other content importers you have referenced in the content project. It's possible, however, that they are referencing different versions of the XNA framework.
If you are using 3.1, you need to upgrade all the xen projects to 3.1, not just the runtime projects. The easiest way to do this, is to open the two solutions in ./xen/prebuild/sln/ and convert them using the XNA tool.

If that doesn't help, can you let me know what the error is?

Sep 23, 2009 at 12:57 PM

I have already upgraded the projects under the sln folder. I've also tried without adding the reference to the ModelImporter, and the .xml file of the curve doesn't make any error compiling.

The error is:

Errore    1    There was an error while deserializing intermediate XML. "Text" è un XmlNodeType non valido. Riga 1, posizione 179.    C:\Users\Simone\Documents\Visual Studio 2008\Projects\GraficaXen\GraficaXen\Content\PosX.xml    1    179    GraficaXen

Translated:

Error    1    There was an error while deserializing intermediate XML. "Text" isn't a valid XmlNodeType. Row 1, position 179.    C:\Users\Simone\Documents\Visual Studio 2008\Projects\GraficaXen\GraficaXen\Content\PosX.xml    1    179    GraficaXen

Hope this can be useful for you. Now I'm creating the curve in the program and saving the points in a txt file.

Coordinator
Sep 27, 2009 at 7:34 PM

That actually looks like the XML itself is badly formatted..