TextureSamplerState

Jan 15, 2010 at 6:01 PM

I've been looking the the source code of the TextureSamplerState as I will be looking at how to serialize that data.

The linked dll files I've been using in my project and in the samples all state that it is present in the Xen.Graphics.State namespace. However the source code for this namespace has this class commented out and states that it has been moved to shader system instead.

Which is the correct current version of the API? That this class is still in use or that it has been merged into the shader system?

Coordinator
Jan 16, 2010 at 12:39 AM
Edited Jan 16, 2010 at 12:40 AM

TextureSamplerState is now in the shared shader system .dll, this means that they are accessible through a generated shader (without requiring direct linking to xen itself). These are compiled into the root .xen/bin/x86 directory.

Also, a little hint: You can explicitly cast a TextureSamplerState to and from an integer - which may make serializing easier (although you lose the ability to edit it by hand).

Jan 16, 2010 at 10:00 AM

Storing as an integer should be fine, with the winform support already in place it should be relatively easy to knockup a little GUI to create an XML definition file from model, shader, shader value and texture locations.